Wednesday, October 7, 2009

IPT 301 Week 6 Behaviorism

1. An example of contiguity learning in school. When i study for a test,after i get a good grade on a test and after i have tried so many different study techniques. When i get a good grade i associate it with the study techinique that i used.
2. After reading the book five love languages, i realized that one of my love languages is words of affirmation and it helped me think about the question: what reinforcement i thought what effective in elementary school. I think when my teacher would praise me for the good work i had done, i felt good and tended to work harder and because my teacher would tell me i was always doing good work, i thought i was a good student and throughout school i did my schoolwork,and in those times when i was in elementary school candy was still allowed and so that always helped to. and i loved stickers.
3. I think reinforcement schedules could promote good work to. I would use a schedule maybe to say after 15 check marks for good behavior on the board i would have a class wide reward or maybe if a student handed in thier homework assignments, after every third homework assignment completed the students would get free time, or reading time.
4. Behaviorism suggests that after we do something that is wanted of us, we recieve a reward and that is what motivates us to continuosly do that something. In the gospel we are given the choice to chose between right and wrong and the reward that we get from it, is the promise that we get from chosing the right is not something tangible, but something we belive in.

No comments:

Post a Comment