Thursday, November 26, 2009

Week 12 Technology in my classroom

During the practicum I was in the Salt Lake City District, at Newman Elementary school. I was in third grade and loved it. One of the third grade classes had a computer at each student’s desk. The students got to work on the computers pretty much all the time. In the classroom I was in there was only two computers. In the morning we would use the computers to record the students reading minutes. The students were also able to use the computers during literacy centers as part of a center for literacy or math. Other than the computer, we had limited use and availability of any technology. We did have a Elmo, but even that was not very useful as it was not the newest Elm and therefore gave us a lot of problems. I think if my teacher had more access to technology, she would have used it more, I know that she was a fan of technology. In lessons where the Elmo could have been used, it was. In some of the lessons, I think power points could have been useful, to make things more visual for the students. In all I think that we definitely could have used more technology if it was more available to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment