Thursday, September 24, 2009

Week 4 Intelligence

1. i would make sure students knew how to identify and understand their own emotions first, by role playing and storytelling where students express their emotions a positive way. I would then make sure that students knew how to identify other students emotions: again i would have skits or have the children role play. I would also model communication skills. After the students recognise thier own and their peers emotions, i would have activities to regulate emotion. I would have a mini lesson maybe in the first week of the school year to model activities that would help students use their emotions as a learning experience and how to turn their negative thoughts into positive thoughts. Lastly i would promote self-motivation, by modeling a class encourages making mistakes and correcting them and making sure students feel like no mistake is a mistake that cant get corrected.

2.I think Gardner's Multiple Intelligences would be more useful to me as a teacher. I think all students learn in different ways and if we as teachers can use these multiple Intelligences to help identify the different ways students learn, we can create lesson plans around the ways that students learn best.

3.I don't know if i am all for IQ tests, but as i was reading, i think there are so many factors that can influence how a student performs on any given test at any given time, but i do think that there may be a use in the individually administered IQ tests. It determines what is needed for an individual student, for placement or curriculum changes needed for that student.

1 comment:

  1. I like your suggestions for promoting emotional intelligence. I think it would be effective to have the kids role play so that they can feel how it would be like to be in real situations. I think that it is also a good idea to do it at the beginning of the year, it could be part of your "training the troops." That way when problems come up throughout the school year they already know what is expected and reflect back on it. I appreciated reading your comments!

    ReplyDelete